Online Watercolor I
An introduction to the medium of watercolor paint, this course demonstrates and explores basic techniques such as wet-on-dry, wet-on-wet, and washes. Students draw from observation and learn to manipulate value, tone, and color. Class time includes one-on-one instruction and group critiques. This course meets General Education “Humanities” Requirement.
- Introduction, understanding the materials.
- Mixing colors and washes
- Color-lifting, wet-in-wet, wet-on-dry
- Value and value contrast
- Monotone painting, texture, composition
- Still-life painting - watermelon
- Still-life painting - mandarin orange
- Still-life painting - macintosh apple
- Still-life painting - yellow apple
- Animal painting - beach dog
- Landscape painting - snow beach
- Flower painting - rose bud
- Flower painting - daisy
- Final project